- Always, always make sure your ingredients are at room temperature, otherwise something will go wrong with your cake. The batter will curdle, or your cake will sink or whatever. Something will definitely go wrong. I can’t stress this enough.
- Measure out all your ingredients before you start baking, it quickens your baking process.
- Put your heart in it. Cakes also need some love.
Now that that’s out of the way, lets get to it!
- 200g Margarine
- 200g sugar
- 625g All Purpose(AP) flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease cake pan.
- Mix butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and vanilla flavoring
- Add 3 tablespoons at a time of the egg mixture into the sugar and butter mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Add flour and baking powder, mix well till combined.
- Add milk and mix. Check with a wooden spoon to make sure your batter’s consistency drops off the spoon.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve and Enjoy!